DC
Options

Davis Deejays

Hi ladies! I used to be on here much more often a few months ago, but my new job has completely cut into my knotting time...darn career! Anyways, I am now finally actually planning my wedding, and I've come accross Davis Deejays as a possible candidate for my DJ. Has anyone else used them? They look really nice, and right now they have a great deal for early 2010 weddings, but I don't want to leap before I hear what, if anything, you have to say. Thoughts, opinions? TIA!

Re: Davis Deejays

• Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided not to use them, although I looked into it. Mr. Davis is super nice and really tries to be very accomodating...however, they wanted about $2200 to do 4 hours which I thought was outrageous. They also said that included a 30% off special. If that's within your budget I definitely say work with them, each person I spoke to on the phone/via e-mail while working out a price quote (I have difficult requests sometimes!) was really nice and really happy to talk to me...just a bit to expensive!
  • Options
    SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any specifics, but I've had friends tell me NOT to use them. One girl I know who looked into them recently said they jacked up their prices really high, then did the 50% off deal - but it was still higher than other comprable dj's.I know that Kirkabee DJs is recc'd here a lot - maybe look into them?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now I'm looking at $579 for five hours. It's on their website, and it's what Davis emailed me. I really can't find another company with that much experience for that low of a price, so I'm thinking of going with them. I've read a few stories of him trying to make you pay more after reeling you in, so if I see any of that, I'm gone! Thanks for your opinions! I did look at Kirkabee, and he did look great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a friends' wedding and they had Davis DJs... it was SO SO SO bad it was funny, but probably not what you want to aim for. Super cheesy, the DJ said inappropriate things about how hot the bride was the entire time, and it would suddenly blare and everyone would be deaf for a second while the DJ tried to control the volume.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards