DC
Options

Officiant recommendations...NOVA

We are getting married in Middleburg VA (about 20 min out Route 50 from Dulles) in March. I have tried to find someone to marry us that we had a tie with, but our families dont know anyone local. That was my first preference (family or friend reference) but now I am back to square one. Any recommendations in the area? It will be a non-religous service (obviously not in a church).

Re: Officiant recommendations...NOVA

• Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, and last week decided to ask my friend's dad to perform the ceremony for us. I'm so excited to have him do it, he's a wonderful person and a great speaker!Most states allow weddings to be performed by anyone, so long as they are ordained... and anyone can get ordained by one of several online "churches," for free or for a very low fee.If that's an option for you, to have a friend or family member do it, that might be a nice way to still involve someone who knows you and your fiance personally.Good luck!
  • Options
    cbm3228cbm3228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rev Ken Knapp is very popular- he did a few of my friends weddings.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Suzanne Fox. She is a Loundon County officiant state officiants can only charge like $50 plus miles so it's also a cheaper options than some of the reverands for hire. We met with her and thought she was perfect. She's nice warm and offered to help tailor the ceremony to make it "ours". Her email is suzanne@yourweddinglegacy.com and her number 703--727--7181
  • Options
    psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Bill Cochran and I love him!  He really makes a point to know who you and your FI are and your story to make the ceremony personal.  His website is: www.sayidoyourway.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Amber King from A King celebration... non denominational/ unique service.. she is really nice and was a great speaker.... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are using Rev. Bermudez. He is amazing. Him and his wife are listed on the knot picks for our area. He is great and super nice. him and his wife met w/ us when I first called him and we talked about everything- we stayed in touch and have planned uor entire wedding to our liking. We are doing a non-denom. ceremony and he has great ways to make everything work great. He also does christian and other religions as well. hes awesome- def. talk to him! His ceremonies are $500 and his wife also offeres her Day of Cord. Services also! best of luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards