Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Blender

Foolishly, DH and I decided not to register for a blender. When we were on our scanner-gun high, he said he didn't think we needed one, and I let him trick me into thinking the same thing. Foolish mistake! What about those weeks when I desperately need a boat drink?! Like right now?

So tonight I'm going out to buy a blender. I haven't owned a blender since college, and that was a crappy hand-me-down, so I need advice! What kind of blender do you have? What does one look for in a blender? What is your favorite blender drink recipe?
And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket

Re: Blender

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MARGARITASSS!!

Get  a blender that shaves ice too... not sure what kind. I have one, it is a Cuisinart, it works ok... but I prefer shaved ice in my cocktails.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get blenders that shave ice too?! OMG, you just totally made my day!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the market for one too.  Let me know what kind you get.  We also did not register for one because we got the "Rocket" thing instead.. Which is great.. but if you want to make more than one serving worth of something, it doesn't cut it.  
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Oster.  It's one that has both a food processor and a blender attachment, which is useful/practical.  I like it a lot.  I think I got it at Target for like $30.  I loveeeeeee pina colodas.  I would like one right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ev, you read my MIND! I love me some pina colada, and am even going to try my hand at making a lava flow (which I was introduced to on the HM) -- it's essentially a pina colada blended with strawberry puree! My mouth is watering... if DH didn't have all of the BB&B coupons in his car, I would go right now.
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never had a lava flow.  But I want to try one for sure!!  Yum.  I usually put bananas in my pina colada.  Weird?  Maybe.  But SO good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know they have machines that are like specifically for drink making at WS... but here it is on Amazon.. http://www.amazon.com/Margaritaville-DM1000-Frozen-Concoction-Maker/dp/B000CR3YHM
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Margaritaville drink machine in PP is amazing. Our friends got one for their wedding and we use it quite a bit. Figuring out the right ice to alcohol to mixer ratio was tricky, but it was great after that.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a kitchen aid blender and it has a super sized pitcher which comes in handy whenever we have people over and I make my FMIL's margerita recipe.  These margarita's are amazing and not at all super sugary like some margerita mixes:

I can of frozen minute maid limeade - you can find it in the freezer section where the frozen OJ is

Save the can, fill it half way with tequilla, then a fill a 1/4 of the can with triple sec

Blend with ice enjoy! Squeeze a little fresh lime in if you have some.  These margeritas are better than most mexican restuarants! Sometimes I throw watermellon or fresh strawberries in too if I have any on hand. 

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have this one and love it:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=328089

We registered for one as well, but then my sister bought us one for Christmas and forgot to give it to us, so she said here, and we took off the one of the registry.

We asked about blenders at a couple of stores.  While the KitchenAid ones are nice, they run expensive $100 on sale, regular $130-150.  Not only that, but the KitchenAid ones I have seen (like at Macy's) are only 5 speed.setting, while the Black and Decker got good reviews, and are 10 speed/settings and 12 speed/settings.  Both are on sale right now at macy's for $30.
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_blender?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3ba2306b-2a0d-4caf-9b20-ae5c0b1f7580Post:0d005b8f-303a-4632-a7ab-cf1933d7dffd">Re: Blender</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ev, you read my MIND! I love me some pina colada, and am even going to try my hand at making a lava flow (which I was introduced to on the HM) -- it's essentially a pina colada blended with strawberry puree! My mouth is watering... if DH didn't have all of the BB&B coupons in his car, I would go right now.
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

<div>I am not a pina colada girl most of the time.  But I had a lava flow sampler on our HM.  Each one had a different puree!  Yum!  Perfect for watching the sunset!</div><div>
    </div><div>FYI: We got a kitchenaid blender but haven't tried it yet so I cannot recommend it one way or another.  We are waiting to move before unpacking it.</div>
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been following this since you guys started this link...now I can finally feel like it's late enough to justify starting drinking! LOL I've wanted one for hours now! Not  a big drinker but do love almost anything frozen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards