DC
Options

Waxing advice

I want to get a bikini wax (for the first time ever) before my wedding on 11/13.  When I got engaged I meant to start a waxing regimine but then I chickened out. Does anyone have reccommendations for good places to go or people? Also, how many days before the wedding should I do it? Is a week too long?  Will it be so painful that I should just wait till after the honeymoon?

Re: Waxing advice

• Options
    Pepper8Pepper8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my experience.. (I just started getting them), it was far less painful than imagined, and definitely doesn't hurt a day after its done! I'm getting married the 14th of Nov and plan on doing it Thursday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a Red Door Span near you, I would suggest going there.  They use a "secret in-house" kind of wax, but it hurts less than a lot of places I've been.  I think you should be okay going 3-4 days before the wedding.  If you're only getting a bikini wax and not a full brazilian, it shouldn't hurt that bad at all.  If you're scared, take a few aspirin before hand.  Either way it won't hurt for more than a couple of seconds so no need to wait til after the honeymoon.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    TheAnneTheAnne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Red Door and it hurt like hell and was $100 with tip.  I recommend Modern Day Spa in Pentagon City Mall.  Not sure where you are located though...   They do a great job, are thorough and less painfull/expensive than other places I have tried.

much love to all my Golden Girls!
    My Beautiful Peanut born 9/19/12
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    calattcalatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cheat and use a numbing cream!  I got it at PR at Partners in Shirlington.  I go to Red Door as well.  If you're going to the Fairfax Red Door Kennya D is great!  Although I haven't been there in a while and don't know if she's still there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Tiffany at Hela Spa in Georgetown.  I have very sensitive skin and hate the process of getting a wax. She's the best I've found. You'll want to give yourself a few days after the waxing to let your skin calm down, so I'd advise going about 4-5 days before your wedding.
  • Options
    LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would probably go 2 or 3 days before. You should be find the next night but just to play it safe. I go regularly and have tried many places, I would Recommend Shannon at Magnolia Salon and Spa in Rockville, MD - she is BY FAR the best. Reasonably priced as well, I believe it is 65 before tip (thats for a brazillian). Also another tip I have learned is that to prevent any post waxing bumps apply Balmex (yes the diaper rash cream) after your waxing and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning and your good to go - apparently the zinc in the cream prevents the bumps from forming.
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    nicole0712nicole0712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i recom. "DermaCare Institute in Mitchellville Md..maybe a bit far out depending on where u live. Ms. Paulette the owner is the BEST! she's been in the Skin/Body Care Business for over 35 years...she's been doing my facials since i was 13 and i'm now 26..def. get your waxing done weather its bikini or eyebrows at least a week prior.....try it...301333-5756
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards