DC

short dress in DC?

Hi ladies- I am new to this board because I am having a DW but i need some local help. I am looking for a short dress to wear to my reception.  At any of the bridal stores you have been to, have you seen short wedding dresses? For complicated reasons, I would prefer not to get a white bridesmaids dress or white dress at a non-bridal store. Any ideas of where i should look?  priscilla has some cute things but i havent seen anything else. Hitched does not carry short dresses.

Re: short dress in DC?

• edited December 2011
    Melissa Sweet has a line of short dresses as does Amsale called Little White Dresses.  Good luck!
  • spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Davids Bridal or www.davidsbridal.com I'm also looking for a short dress for my after party and while I think I'm going with a gold bridesmaids dress they have some cute short wedding dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    Blush is having a Justin Alexander trunk show in November and they have some short dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Why can't it be a bridesmaids dress?  You really can't tell the difference.  Lots of designers have short wedding dress options but most stores don't carry them to try on.  You'd either have to order without trying it on or get a BM dress you can try on and just order in white.
  • edited December 2011
    I know you say you want a dress from a bridal store, but I also wanted a short dress and I found the perfect one at BCBG in Georgetown.  The sales people were really nice and helpful too, and got really excited when I told them I was actually looking for a wedding dress, and when I picked  out the one I wanted they were even nice enough to pull the dress I actually bought from the back so that it is one that has never been tried on or worn.  So you might consider at least looking around some stores like that just to see if you like anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards