DC
Options

NWR: What are you getting fiance for the holidays?

Well ladies, the holidays (and Black Friday!) are upon us...and FI has given me no ideas on what he wants, except a PS3 which is out of the question cause I got him an XBox last year and haven't seen him since! What are you all getting FI? Hopefully you can give me some ideas! lol

Re: NWR: What are you getting fiance for the holidays?

• Options
    TheAnneTheAnne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this may sound super lame and cheesy...  but we decided with all the wedding and honeymoon expenses that instead of a tangible gift, this year we are doing two 'nights' to celebrate christmas.  We picked two days in December and marked them on the calendar.  One is mine and one is his.  For our nights we get to do whatever we want to do with no complaints from the other person.  The only rules are that we don't spend more than we would on a normal evening.  So if we go to dinner, it would be moderately priced, if we stay in we drink the wine/beer in the same price range we normally do.  For my night, my rule is going to be no TV.  we're going to build a fire and have champagne (my favorite!) and since I love camping, we are going to set up the tent in the living room and put our the sleeping bags and lounge around and make s'mores and just hang out.  Maybe a board game or something.  I am fairly certain his night will involve head to head competition.  He loves it!  So maybe video games or board games or something.  And I can almost guess that I will be making him his favorite, chocolate chip cookies.  His night will probably also include significant time in the bedroom too..  :)

much love to all my Golden Girls!
    My Beautiful Peanut born 9/19/12
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH!!! That's soooo fun! I wish we could plan fun nights like that! Unfortunately...we have a kid and babysitters are hard to come by! lol I love the camping idea!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards