DC
Options

Bridal Shop Recommendations

A.M.C.A.M.C. member
First Comment
I am finally going shopping for my gown and have no idea where to go!  It seems like every shop I read a review for in the DC area has a lot of negative reviews.  I would like to try a range of dress price points (up to about $2000) and I don't mind going to several shops.  I just don't want to be faced with a terrible experience.

Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations. 

Re: Bridal Shop Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my gown at Blush Bridal in Gainesville. They were awesome and had a great selection of dresses under $2k.
  • Options
    razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the dresses I tried on at Distinctive Design in Rockville were under 2k.  The dress I purchased at Terri Lynn Bridal in Bethesda was just under 2k before alterations. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My budget was also $2000 and I just bought my dress today from Distinctive Designs in Rockville.  I had an amazing experience there - my consultant's name was Nataly (pronounced Natalie).  She was great to work with, no pressure, and very helpful for getting in and out of the dresses.  She actually picked my dress.  I wasn't going to try it on, but I'm SO HAPPY I did!

I also went to TLC Bridal in Frederick, MD.  They were also extremely helpful and had a variety of dresses in a wide range of sizes. 

I would reccommend both shops :)
  • Options
    lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at White Swan Bridal in Vienna, VA. I had a great experience there. All the dresses are on mannequins, so it is easy to see the shape of the dress before trying it on. I wanted to change out a detail on one of the dresses, and the owner was very helpful when coming up with suggestions. All alterations are included in the price. I was also looking for dresses under $2,000, and they had a large selection. My only negative is that the dressing rooms are small, but there is a large mirror in the front of the store, so it wasn't a big deal. I have read that the owner is pushy, but when it came down to two dresses and one was $600 more than the other, they didn't try to push me toward the more expensive one. So far, my experience with them has been great.
  • Options
    VickyFlorVickyFlor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to get a taste of a lot of different styles, try I Do I Do in Rockville.  They have a ton of dresses spanning the scope of designers and are a consignment shop.  I went, didn't find the one, but got to see lots of different styles and brands on me.  They don't allow pictures though. 

If you are interested, try Annapolis Formal where I bought my dress.  You will certainly find lots of dresses under $2K.  I got mine there.  The owners are cool people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my gown at Cameo Bridal in Glen Burnie.  I loved them!  They were so sweet and helpful and really excited.
  • Options
    A.M.C.A.M.C. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at I Do I Do in Gaithersburg. After going to 2 other places, it was so great to go to a place that was no pressure.
  • Options
    jwang517jwang517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another place u can look is vera wang, which has some sales now... they had a big sample sale a couple of weeks ago, but some items are still on sale last week when i went for my fitting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a Vera Wang sale once and the dresses were filthy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards