DC

Wedding Dress in DC?

I just moved to DC several months ago and am not too familiar with where to go for great prices/selections.  Can anyone recommend a bridal shop that has a nice selection of dresses that are less than $500?

Re: Wedding Dress in DC?

• edited December 2011

I am not sure if you don't mind having a used dress but I would try local consignment shops.  I would also look at St. Anthonys bridal in bethesda.  The place sales all used dresses for $150.  There isn't a huge selection but it doesn't hurt to take a look.  St. Anthonys bridal is in the building with Dogtopia dont' be alarmed when you walk into the building.  It is also only open from 10am-12pm. on Saturdays.

Good Luck!

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also check out I Do I Do in Gaithersburg, which has a huge selection.  Or La Bella Bridal in Occoquan, which is a smaller store, but is owned by someone with a great eye for picking out dresses you might not even look twice at on the hangars, but turn out to be gorgeous on you.
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been, so I cannot vouch for it, but Church Street Bridal in Lynchburg is supposedly a mecca for deeply discounted designer sample dresses. The shop itself supposedly looks like a thrift shop, but it carries high end designers.
  • edited December 2011
    White Swan in Vienna has an entire floor of all samples that are $500 (without alternations though).
  • lmj76lmj76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Church Street. Heard great things about them too.  They have a website where you can view dresses they have for sale.  www.churchstreetbridal.blogspot.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just seeing your responses.  Thanks so much!  I'll look into all of these.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards