DC
Options

Churches in Rockville, MD?

Hi all,

It's a long story, but we just found out we can't get married at our church, so my fiance and I are suddenly looking for a church to hold our ceremony for our wedding in October of this year! 

Our reception is going to be at the Glenview Mansion in Rockville, MD, so we'd like to find a church in near there or in one of the surrounding towns.

We're not picky about what kind of church it is, but it needs to hold about 200 people, and we need to be able to bring in our own officiant. This isn't something we budgeted on spending a lot of money on either, so cheaper is good! Any ideas you have would be most appreciated!

Re: Churches in Rockville, MD?

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it critical that it be in a church?  Many weddings are now taking place at the reception venue, even if they are conducted by a religious officiant, and this is often the least expensive option.

That being said, if you want a church, your best bet is probably the Unitarian Universalist Church of Rockville.  They will rent out the sanctuary, which seats 350, without requiring that you use their minister or be a member of their denomination.  I'm not sure what their rental rates are, however.
  • Options
    rbtrumpetrbtrumpet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Rockville United Church, but we also were debating about Crusader Lutheran (which is acrossed the street) - they're both within a mile of Glenview (I'm heading over there after my ceremony to take some outdoor pictures)

They both hold about 200-250, and we are bringing in our own pastor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards