DC

Unique, cozy, offbeat reception sites?

Hi there!  Doing some preliminary research on reception sites in or around Georgetown.  (Wedding will be at the Dahlgren Chapel on Georgetown campus).  Preferably intimate & offbeat.  Small reception - under 50 people.  We're open to anything!  Any ideas to get us started would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks! 

Re: Unique, cozy, offbeat reception sites?

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With that number of ppl, you should be able to cozy up in any restaurant of your choice.  When you call, though, I highly recommend you DO NOT tell them its for a wedding reception or the price quote could go through the roof.  Just mention a "dinner for 50" and see how it goes.  Then, once you find a place with the right pricing ... take it from there.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

Have you considered something like the Odyssey dinner cruise?  They have wedding packages.

We ran off to Vegas and got married!
  • christychasonchristychason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, all, for the suggestions!  @Tracy - yes, we have thought of that...we recently attended a cruise wedding/reception (The Cherry Blossom) and it was lovely, but decided it wasn't for us.  We'd really love to find somewhere in Georgetown, close to our ceremony site.  Currently looking into the Halcyon House (they can rent out a small section of the house), but even a small area may be too expensive - we're waiting on rates - will let you know!  Thanks again :)  ~Christy
  • edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that rented the Dumbarton Mansion in Georgetown. I know that the wedding was small around 75 people or so. I don't know what the cost was. The website is doaks.org.

I am also having a small wedding. I rented the Cabinet Room at the Old Ebbitt Grill (I like the idea of the oldest bar in DC). The room I believe seats up to 50 people. It is super cute with mahogany paneled walls and a cute little bar. The minimum requirement is $2,000 for food and beverage. The deposit is only $100. The one downfall to the room is that it is in the basement. But the room is beautiful! The event managers have been super nice and super helpful. They don't "up-charge" for weddings which was nice. They have several different menu options. They are even letting me pick 3 choices for my guests since I am only having 26 people. Great customer service.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I'll be checking out Dumbarton too.  And I didn't even think about Old Ebbit Grill!  Great idea!  Thanks for the tip :) 
  • kgrealykgrealy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a small wedding (60 ppl) as well and I had no idea that Halcyon House will rent a small section of the property! Would you mind sharing the rate info? Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure thing!  I just need to call the lady back to discuss.  Will let you know!
  • edited December 2011
    Dumbarton House (which is different from Dumbarton Mansion) is another Georgetown location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards