DC
Options

Reception site with overnight accommodations MD/VA

Looking for a non-chain site for dinner reception with overnight accommodations of 10-20+ rooms. Want to avoid corporate hotels but need something larger than a small b & b. An independent inn would be ideal. MD/VA/DC Thanks!

Re: Reception site with overnight accommodations MD/VA

• Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Tidewater Inn in Easton MD is lovely. We were thisclose to booking there, but then someone else scooped up our date. C'est la vie. The guest rooms are nice, if a little small. We saw a lovely ballroom, and for a smaller guest list they have another space (whose name slips my mind) that has a very classy tasting room. They also have a really nice outdoor courtyard area with a bubbly fountain. And Alex, the hotel's general manager, was a doll to talk with. She put us completely at ease about everything. As a smaller group, our menu came to about $75 per person, which was the cheapest quote we got in our hunt for a 4 course menu with 3 passed hors d'oeuvers. We priced alcohol on consumption, and their rates were quite reasonable in that area as well.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Rockwood Manor in Potomac, MD.  It was previously the national headquarters of the Girl Scouts, and has overnight lodgings for over 100 people.  Depending on the date of your wedding and how long you need the venue for, it can be as little as $500 to rent the venue.  And they allow use of any licensed caterer instead of requiring use of a specific one, which can help keep your food/alcohol costs down.
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bolger Center in Potomac MD. I'm getting married there this Sept... so far they've been wonderful, we're having the ceremony and reception in their gorgeous Stained Glass Hall, they're a hotel but not part of a large chain... although I think it is a chain. The grounds, etc. don't seem like a chain, that's for sure.. They've got a shuttle to downtown Bethesda, to the metro station, so you can also get into DC, which is good for out of town guests. And the rooms are reasonably priced.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Friend's of our are doing their wedding at the Airlie Center in Warrenton, VA.  They have an indoor or an outdoor space for weddings and recpetions. It's a very pretty site, but a little pricey, from my understanding.

Also, there is the Dulles, Marriott which is also near the Dulles Airport, which is helpful if you have a lot of guests flying.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    shawnmatt2012shawnmatt2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This place is in Fredericksburg, Va but the Inn at Old Silk Mill for $3,500 you can rent the whole facility and it includes 25 rooms for one night in the price as well.  We're looking to host our wedding there.  www.innattheoldesilkmill.com/">www.innattheoldesilkmill.com/ 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Phoenix Park Hotel in DC gives a B and B feel and has good packages and great rates for DC for overnight guests. I wasn't able to use them since I have more than 140 guests but it a great venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards