DC

Seamstress Help!

Hi there, I have a very specific vintage dress I would like copied for my wedding but does anyone know a seamstress who can do the work? Obviously they need to work from scratch, be able to create patterns etc. Anywhere in the DC area, or NYC? I'll travel! Thanks all!

Re: Seamstress Help!

• edited December 2011
    Hi,

My friend had her wedding gown altered by Tang's alterations in Manassas. I took a bridesmaid dress to her too a few months later, and she is fantastic.  I would think that she could do what you're looking for.  Her # is (703) 393-8458

Good luck!
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of knotties go to Angie.  I have my first fitting with her in 2 weeks but I hear nothing but amazing reviews.  She is in Fairfax, VA and if you would like her contact info you may email me:  psmith1216 at gmail dot com . 
  • bridie1996bridie1996 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also Diana's Bridal and Couture in Georgetown.  It is not inexpensive, but she does very good work. Fast, efficient and good work.   I had her do alterations on a dress that was about 2 inches too small in the bust, but she also does reworking of vintage dresses and making new dresses entirely from scratch.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards