DC

What would you do about this venue?

My finace and I have been trying for several weeks to book this venue but the coordinator never replies back to our emails or phone calls when she says she will. I feel like I'm hounding her and we REALLY want this place so we want to reserve a date ASAP..do I keep hounding her? what would you do? I don't want it to get nasty...
DC Boudoir Photographer - boudoirbyjuliesocher.com

Re: What would you do about this venue?

• LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't book with a place that is unresponsive. If they are this unhelpful now, when they supposedly are trying to put their best foot forward in order to earn your business, what will they be like after they have you locked into a contract and your money in their pockets? It may be annoying now but it will only get worse. One month before the wedding, when your stress level is peaking and you think your head may exploed, an unresponsive vendor will be the thing that pushes you over the edge into the depths of a bridal breakdown. That is not a fun spot to be in.
  • PrfctL7PrfctL7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try to reach out to others that have booked through them? See if that they experienced the same kind of thing in the beginning and see if it really does get better once you're assigned.

Coming from the business world though, reviews are an okay reference but don't always mean much because you don't know what's going on internally. For example, maybe they have stellar reviews but what if one of their main contacts (who was really good) just quit? That could affect your experience now vs. all the stellar reviews from the past. Actually, don't listen to what I just said. That just makes me sound cynical and awful. I stand by the first thing though!
  • edited December 2011
    They have stellar reviews though..it confuses me! Once you book, you get assigned a planner and I wonder if the service is better once you get through this one person just to book.

I hear what you're saying though.Normally, I would just move on to the next place, but it's a shame I really love this place. ugh.
    DC Boudoir Photographer - boudoirbyjuliesocher.com
  • brigitparkbrigitpark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just personally go there in person and book it.  That's what I did. After a few phone calls and emails, my FI and I decided to just go there ourselves and book the place.

GOOD LUCK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards