DC

RSVP Question

This may be a dumb question, but do most people still send RSVP cards with thier invites, or do guests RSVP via email/phone? 

Re: RSVP Question

• edited December 2011
    Send them an RSVP card. Although it's done for informal parties, emial/phone is kind of tacky for a wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, I wasn't being rude. I would just think it's odd if I were to receive a formal invitation with an email address to respond.
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending an RSVP card even though it's a small wedding and we pretty much know everyone is coming.  Also, we have entree choices so this will make it easier to keep track of who wants what. 
  • edited December 2011
    Almost all of my guests will be travelling internationally so I was worried about the time it'll take to receive all the cards etc, so what I've done is set up a site with an RSVP form on it and directed all the 'youngsters' there, our parent's friends I've sent the RSVP cards.
    It feels a bit more organised than random emails and phonecalls esp as we can still gather info on dietary restrictions and who +1s are, but I'm really not bothered about having to have a formal card back.
    But that's just me :)
  • cbm3228cbm3228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    100% send the cards with a pre-stamped and pre-printed envelope.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do whatever feels best for you, they are YOUR friends and family and you will know best what they will react to.

That said, it only costs a few bucks to order 100 postcards from VistaPrint with your own custom design on them. I made mine into "wedding advice mad libs" on the front, with the RSVP stuff on the back. Postcard stamps are cheaper than usual first-class postage, and I'm really enjoying seeing the crazy responses. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards