DC

New Bride

Hi all - have been lurking for a few weeks.  I'm a new bride in the DC/MD area - planning a Fall 2012 wedding! 

Re: New Bride

• Congratulations!!! And welcome =) This board isn't too active but there are a few of us that try to swing in now and then to answer questions!!!! I had a Fall 2011 wedding, feel free to check out my Married Bio link in my siggy and ask any questions!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Congrats! 
    I had a DW in DC jusst last week!

I can offer some suggestions, if needed!

Enjoy planning!
  • Thanks ladies -

LoveMuffins - checked out your married bio - your venue looked so beautiful

Lissa- where did you have your DW wedding?  That is awesome

At this point we may need some help with vendors.  I've been checking out onewed.com also for that and weddingwire.com

Mi biggest thing is that I want really nice flowers!  Who did you all use for a florist?
  • We got married on the west lawn of the Jefferson Memorial.  And had our reception at the Morrison House in Alexandria, VA.  It was amazing!

I didn't use a florist.  I made a brooch bouquet and flew it back with me.  Then my girls had babies breath with a cluster of brooches.  All of my centerpieces were babies breath.  And the roses for the petals and boutenieres(sp?) we got from the farmers market.
  • Island Flowers -- but that's out near Annapolis
  • We're in the DC/MD area as well.  Our actual wedding was in MA, since it happened before DC had same-sex marriage.  However, we had an at-home reception in DC.  And we also used a variety of local vendors for things like dresses, alterations, dance lessons, and hair and make-up.
  • I am a successful full-time videographer in the DC area and after hundreds of events; I feel I am qualified to offer this advice.  I know most of the quality vendors in the area and have worked at most of the venues.  Feel free to contact me and we can brainstorm some ideas for you. Regards, Cliff Matheson

• I really love Lissa's idea of using babies breath for centerpieces and brooches. We don't want to spend too much on flowers.
  • I am newly obessed with Baby's Breath - so pretty! 

Thanks ladies!
  • Hey! Check out Sweet Sensations LLC. Other than a venue, we can directly help you with almost everything else. Catering, cakes, decor, linens, coordination, lighting, centerpieces, fresh flowers, drapes, chiavari chairs, you name it, we have it!The best part is, not only are we are more affordable than other leading companies, but the more services you book, the more discounts you will get!
    We also work with venues in the MD/DC area. Is there a specific theme or setting you are interested for your wedding? Indoor, outdoor/garden, mansion rentals? Feel free to give us if you need any help finding a venue or have any questions about what we have to offer!!!
    Selina Harris - OwnerSweet Sensations LLCOffice: 443.890.1191 - Mon-Sat 8am-7pmwww.sweetsensationsllc.comwww.sweetsensationscakeshop.comselinaharris61@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards