DC

Restaurant after private ceremony

My fiance and are having a private ceremony (no guests) on the Mall on April 2.

Our plan is to go to dinner, stay in a DC hotel, and leave for our honeymoon the following morning.

I was wondering if anyone has any restaurant recommendations.  We would like to keep it under 300 USD.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Restaurant after private ceremony

• edited December 2011
    Really depends on what kind of food you like and atmosphere you want. Komi is the most highly rated. I can vouch for Art and Soul which is actually in the Liaison Hotel- they have nice private cozy booths and upscale southern food. There's also Citronelle in Georgetown and it's close to a couple nice hotels. They offer a tasting menu.

Good luck and what a wonderful idea!
  • john&juliejohn&julie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Citronelle is actually IN a hotel - the lanham.  And Cityzen is another great choice - it's in the mandarian oriental.  however if you are trying to keep food and hotel under $300, neither of those will work, as both have prix fixe menus for about $100 each (same with Komi, as pp mentioned).  Bistro Cacao is a less expensive but super romantic option.  It's on Mass Ave NE (French near Union Station).  Others would be La Chaumiere (French in Gtown), Aqua al 2 (Italian, Eastern Market), Tosca (Italian, downtown), Central (the less expensive Citronelle, downtown), Bastille (French, Old Town Alexandria), Rasika (Indian, Penn Quarter).  Also, just look on opentable.com  - you'll be able to find lots of options.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! ~300 is just for the dinner budget. We just moved here about a year ago, so the ideas are much appreciated.
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Hotel Sofitel:

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-3293-sofitel-washington-dc-lafayette-square/index.shtml

Dinner thoughts: 1789 in Georgetown - great and intimate spot

Citronelle - said to be one of the best
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards