DC

Budget Reception Recommendations

I have been looking at hotels and I'm thinking I need to look "outside the box"  I am working with a budget of 10k for reception for 100 guests, that needs to include food, open bar, any rental fees along with service fees and taxes.  We'd like to be in DC if possible but if not we're willing to look just outside of the city as well.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance :)
-Linds
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Budget Reception Recommendations

• edited December 2011

DC might be a bit of a challenge.  Try looking at placed where you can bring your own alcohol and allows outside caterer.  we are at PG Ballroom right outisde of DC and they allow both.  we opted to supply the caterer with our own liquor because it's sooo much cheaper.  Try finding a caterer that doesn't charge a corkage fee either.  Those will keep your price down.  I am working with the same buget but for 150 pp.  If you want to now the name of our caterer let me know.  Good luck and happy planning. 

• tmjacksontmjackson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PG Ballroom is a good choice.  You should also try the Arbor Ballroom in the Washington Times Building right off New York Avenue, NE.  It's next door to the National Arboretum.  Although the area is mostly industrial, the venue itself is beautiful with crystal chandeliers and a marble foyer.  Been to two weddings there with phenomenal food and I know both brides were on a very tight budget.  The Arbor Ballroom has in-house catering/staff.
  • RoxyinDCRoxyinDC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked The Garden Terrace at The Washington Post at that was affordable. I know it's a new space just coming on line. May not be big enough for 100 but ... never hurts to try.

www.behindthescenesdc.com/WPCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards