DC
Options

Non-religious ceremony officiant

So, here's the thing - my "fiance" and I are actually already married, but most of our wedding guests don't know that (long story). So, we need to find an officiant to play the part for our ceremony without actually doing the paperwork. We are not even remotely religious, and our wedding is a couple hours from our home (wedding in Rockville, MD), so I don't know how to find someone to do this. And no, we don't have a friend or family member that we would like to have perform this role  :)

Re: Non-religious ceremony officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using an officiant from the Washington Ethical Society. www.ethicalsociety.org
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Bill Cochran who owns "Say I Do Your Way". Our ceremony is in not religious at all, and he is helping us write everything the way we want it. He is located in Derwood, which is part of Rockville. Bill@sayidoyourway.com

• Options
    mereandpaulmereandpaul member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind if I ask how much your officant was? We're just now trying to find someone and the venue we chose has people they suggest, but they are $375 for a 30 min ceremony. I think that's pretty high...
  • Options
    jillybean720jillybean720 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_non-religious-ceremony-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:5c4e1a7a-1768-47d9-8c10-2ff97f52f1c3Post:44a174af-3367-41eb-b48e-6d58a00e7389">Re: Non-religious ceremony officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you mind if I ask how much your officant was? We're just now trying to find someone and the venue we chose has people they suggest, but they are $375 for a 30 min ceremony. I think that's pretty high...
    Posted by mereandpaul[/QUOTE]
    They can be VERY pricey, as I've found out the hard way! The average prices I was quoted ranged from $350 to $700 (yes, $700!!), and we only want a quick maybe 10 minutes, no family readings, no bridal party, no sand or candle or any special ceremony stuff...CRAZINESS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards