DC
Options

Destination Wedding - Florida Keys?

I posted a bit ago about destination or cruise weddings.  I hadn't visited the idea of the US destination weddings until it was mentioned in the post.  Does anyone have any idea about eloping in the Florida Keys? Cost? Which website to trust? Who to go through? I'm completely lost in all of this lol!

Re: Destination Wedding - Florida Keys?

• Options
    I am getting married in Key Largo, but researched every venue north of Marathon. If you could give me more information, specifically size of the wedding and time of year, I could tell you what I know. The time of year is probably the biggest factor in the Keys in terms of price (with Feb, March being peak time.)
    If you are interested in the upper keys, I would start with Caribbean Caterers website and facebook page. They are based out of Islamorada.
  • Options
    Thank you! I will start there :) It's just going to be he and I, simple getaway wedding! I don't want to spend an excessive amount but I want it on the beach.  Thank you again!
  • Options
    Oh, if it will just be the two of you, then I have different suggestions! Caribbean Caterers is more for large weddings, as they do the catering. There are a ton of  great resorts down there, but I would look for something on the Bayside so you can get pictures with the amazing sunset. I would  highly recommend the Kona Kai Resort. They are more pricey, but its a beautiful small property. Let me know if you are looking for something lower in price and I can flip through my notes to find other things too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards