DC

Looking for info on Angie Cavallaro or other alteration recommendations

Hi, I have to get my dress altered and I've heard rave reviews about this lady but can't find her anywhere. Do you know her info? Other recommendations welcome :)

Re: Looking for info on Angie Cavallaro or other alteration recommendations

• dsg728dsg728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Maria Luz at Anytime Alterations in Silver Spring, MD. She did a great job and only took  a week,( I needed it rushed).
  • jillybean720jillybean720 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure when your wedding is, but Angie books up FAST. I called her about 4-5 months before my wedding, and she said it was too late for her to help me. Instead, I am using Judith of Judith's Boutique and Alterations in Vienna - I found many rave reviews about her, and I've gone to see her three times now and have yet to be disappointed or worried about my gown (ad I needed more than just a simple hem or anything - taken in on the sides, taken in at the top of the back, hemmmed, off-the-shoulder collar completely dismantled and reconstructed to fit properly, bustle...).
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called Angie in July when my wedding was in October and she saw me last month.  She was pretty good and even accomodated my mother too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jillybean720jillybean720 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_looking-info-angie-cavallaro-other-alteration-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:6f40c1c6-7c66-4ae6-8565-5b1cf52dbc89Post:92b0bb3a-d8bc-49b9-afc3-3a7eee53c96c">Re: Looking for info on Angie Cavallaro or other alteration recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I called Angie in July when my wedding was in October and she saw me last month.  She was pretty good and even accomodated my mother too.
    Posted by cmeyer3946[/QUOTE]
    Well, that kinda makes me mad...I called her in June or July for my October wedding as well and was told it was too late for her to help me. She didn't even give me a recommendation for someone else who might be available.

No biggie, though, since Judith is doing a great job and works very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards