DC

Good Local Dress Shops for Plus Sizes

So I think I'm finally ready to start shopping for a dress.  I've been putting it off because I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time finding something that flatters my body that's within my price range.  So, can anyone recommend a shop in the NoVa area that carries larger sized samples? I'm a size 12/14 street size and would love to be able to try on dresses that actually fit me and would love to even buy a cheaper sample dress.  My first stop will probably be David's Bridal, as I know they carry different sizes, but any other recs would be appreciated!

Re: Good Local Dress Shops for Plus Sizes

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out La Bella Bridal in Occoquan.  We live in Bethesda, but it was worth the trip for us!  They have both sample and consignment gowns.  I'm a street size 16 and NotFroofy is a street size 10.  The owner, Ellalyne Brayman, was able to find things that were flattering on both of us.  NotFroofy's was a sample, and mine was a consignment gown.  We were able to try on the actual dresses we would be buying, were able to walk out with the dresses the same day, and paid less than $500 per dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Leesburg Bridal. It's kind of a hike, depending on where you live, but they have a wide range of sample sizes and they are very nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Bridals by Natalie - they had lots of sizes in stock.  The store is off Rte. 1 near Ft. Belvoir.
  • edited December 2011
    Also try Blush Bridal. They had a wide range of sizes and their prices were great. I worked with Natalia and she was so awesome! She pulled exactly the right dresses for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Lefty's bridal in MD is awesome! They have a large sselection of sizes and are very friendly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards