DC
Options

Recommendations for Plus Size Sample Dresses

Hi all,
I'm looking for my wedding gown in the D.C. area.  The problem is, I'm a 14/16 and don't fit into most sample sizes.  Has anyone found a store (other than David's Bridal) that carries larger samples?  It's been so frustrating!

Thanks,
Stephanie
Stephanie and Bobby
September 4th, 2011
Planning Bio
RSVP Date July 15th
image 325 Made the cut!
image 80 Are ready to hora! image 62 Are missing out! image 183 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recommendations for Plus Size Sample Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wish i could help, but i had the same problem...and i ended up finding my dress at Davids and love it.  

Even if you don't like any of their dresses you could go there to try on and get an idea of what style fits you best?  (that was my plan...and i ended up loving my dress)
  • Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Do I Do in Gaithersburg is amazing. They have tons of dresses in your size. And they were super nice!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Crissy.  I'm so glad that you found a dress that you loved.  We're going to try David's also.

Stephanie
    Stephanie and Bobby
    September 4th, 2011
    Planning Bio
    RSVP Date July 15th
    image 325 Made the cut!
    image 80 Are ready to hora! image 62 Are missing out! image 183 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks so much.  I'm going to call them and make an appointment!
    Stephanie and Bobby
    September 4th, 2011
    Planning Bio
    RSVP Date July 15th
    image 325 Made the cut!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hulz2000Hulz2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had good luck with this at Bridals by Natalie in Alexandria, Moni's in Manassas, and A Formal Affair in Warrenton.  Also, request to try on gowns that have a lace up back--I was able to at least fit into most of the lace up samples.
  • Options
    amrizzo01amrizzo01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An Alfred Angelo salon just opened in Springfield, VA - they carry all sorts of sizes (i think up to a 26W) and will order a sample if you have your eye on something that they don't have in the store.  I was just there Saturday and they were very nice and helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Distinctive Designs Bridal in Rockville, and they had quite a few plus size dresses.  They allow anyone to purchase the sample dresses at a discount, so you can get a really good deal there.  I'm not sure what style you're looking for, but you could give them a call and ask if they have the kind of dresses you think you're interested in.

I'm a size 10 in real life (12/14 in bridal gowns), but the dress I'm ordering was a size 20 sample - so they definitely have cute dresses in bigger sizes :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So after TONS of research...I think I may have found the perfect store.  It's called Curvaceous Couture.  My mom and I are going on Saturday.  It's all plus size sample gowns...and not cheap stuff.  It's all really nice high-end designers!
    Stephanie and Bobby
    September 4th, 2011
    Planning Bio
    RSVP Date July 15th
    image 325 Made the cut!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards