DC

Gaylord/National Harbor ceremony/reception

Has anyone had their ceremony or reception at the Gaylord in National Harbor? What was your experience like? I have been trying to contact them since Friday to inquire about their packages but haven't heard a thing....

Re: Gaylord/National Harbor ceremony/reception

• LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The space is gorgeous but they took forever to get back to us and then told me that their smallest package is a 20K minimum. 
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    our friends got married there last year. i'm not sure what the actual ballroom name is, but it was a huge space with cherry blossoms painted on the walls. it was beautiful but almost too cavernous for the number of guests they had. the cocktail hour was on the foyer space in front of the ballroom which overlooked the atrium. gorgeous but not sure how much they spent, although i'm sure it was a ton.

we got our engagement pictures done around the national harbor and in the gaylord garden, but not inside the hotel itself.
  • edited December 2011
    In the Gaylord Hotel, they won't give any attention unless you are willing to pay 15 K to start with. Not even a tour on thru the venues are offered just to be polite...and commercial.
    I was thinking about to get married there, but with this requirement that we have to pay a minimum amount of money, is just ridiculous the stratospheric demanding required by them in order to get married there with little or almost none privacy because the mezzanine is public and they won't designate an area for us. So, I am going on the opposite direction.
  • edited December 2011

Myseld and some co-workers attended a conference there a couple of weeks a go.  My job paid $800pp for us to attend for 5 days and that didnt include rooms.  Now while the place is really really nice, I wouldn't say it's beautiful for a wedding.  While we were leaving one day, an Indian couple was getting married and there was really no privacy.  There was loads of traffic from the random people (myself included) walking by, stopping and gwaking.  They tried to section the cereony site off but it didn't work.  (maybe because its in the middle of the mezzaine).  For the amount of money they're asking it's not worth it.  Too much going on and that takes away from the attention being on you and your fiance.   

• edited December 2011

They were so rude to us, I don't know if it was because my mother kept asking questions,getting on the girls nerves, but they acted like ,they didn't even want us there. But I thought it was just us.

• houghchoughc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out the Westin at National Harbor recently and thought that would be a great alternative. It's still too far out of my budget, but the coordinator was friendly and helpful. Their prices start at $139++ per person and include venue/food/open bar. They only have an indoor space (with waterfront view), but you can still take pictures out at the piers.
  • bakersfianceebakersfiancee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why does it make you mad that there's a $15K minimum?  If you can't afford it, why do you even need a tour?  You don't see Mercedes dealers letting homeless people test drive their cars.

Bounce.......
  • adebold11adebold11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most places of that caliber do have a minimum thats required so don't be surprised as others have mentioned. I looked into that place as well and I don't think it's that great for a wedding. As others have mentioned there is no privacy whatsoever and the Cherry Blosson ballroom does require a 20,000 minimum and the room is awfully ugly. You can pay that kind of money and go somewhere else that's much nicer. If you can afford that look at the Ronald Regan building...they;'re really nice too- I decided against since it's not smart/safe for me to ask people to drive anywhere after a 5 hour open bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards