DC
Options

anyone planning a wedding in old town alex?

Hi there,

I'd like to get married in Old Town and have the reception or dinner afterward somewhere near the water. Any recommendations? All I can think of is Chart House but I"m not sure if they can accommodate a group? Any ideas for Old Town weddings/receptions/rehearsal dinners would be much appreciated!!

Re: anyone planning a wedding in old town alex?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Torpedo Factory, Gatsby's Tavern, or Just right on the water.  There are a few park type areas where chairs could be set up   :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Old Town, at the Hilton Alexandria on King Street. While that's not on the water or what you're looking for (based on your post) I might have a suggestion for you. While at a bridal show, I met with and talked with a woman representing the city of Alexandria and their events department. Here is their website: http://visitalexandriava.com/meeting/ They even have a section on weddings. They are extremely helpful and have tons of suggestios for anything you might want to do in Old Town.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hulz2000Hulz2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Though not on the water, I'm having our reception at The Carlyle Club (near the Patent office) and it's an awesome venue! Check it out at www.thecarlyleclub.com. We going to drive around Old Town and take pictures beforehand at the waterfront,  etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Jackson 20 when there was a wedding going on at Hotel Monaco in the garden area.  It looked very pretty.
  • Options
    livewire99livewire99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You all have great locations listed!  Check out the Alexandria City website and they list some fab places.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at Visit alexandria va .com. They are really helpful and will actually help plan it by contacting different places for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chart House can do weddings. I'm having mine at the Lorien Hotel and Spa on King street.  It's a modern venue and the chef is amazing. I'd check it out. Also, try Indigo Landing - it's right off the parkway just up from Old Town and it's right on the water with outside decks. hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards