Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Registry? Bed Bath and Beyond

When someone purchases something off of your registry, does BB&B remove it completely or do they mark that it was purchased.  I'm getting confused b/c I was suer that I registered for corningware but it's not on my registry.  I was going to add it online but now I'm thinking it may have been bought already.   I can't find the registry I printed out (it will turn up).  I'm not sure if it was purchased of if it just didn't scan.  Thanks.
Photobucket

Re: Registry? Bed Bath and Beyond

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's what I thought too but FI is now noticing that the bathroom scale he picked out isn't on there anymore either. Haha, he's accusing me of deleting it behind his back!  What a mess.  I may have to call them.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yea just call them. Maybe there is just a glitch.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They take it off once it's been purchased.  This annoys me b/c I almost started adding things that must have already been bought.  I understand that it makes it easier for guests viewing the website to only see things available for purchase, but my shower invites haven't even gone out yet so I didn't really think anyone would have bought anything yet.  It is rather confusing.  At least now I know.  Good news is, I'm getting my corningware set lol.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    oh really? I know when you go to the store to buy things it will tell you on the paper if it has been bought or not. I guess it is diff online when looking at your own registry. Good to know though.
  • Smile1114Smile1114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Up until yesterday it showed everything as fulfilled and never removed if it was bought on mine. I dont know I'd get a second opinion on that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called the store and that's what the woman told me.  I'm going to go in there tomorrow and get another print out.
    Photobucket
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weird...mine just says 'fulfilled' or whatever if someone bought it-- they didn't remove it or anything.

The only time I've noticed things aren't on there is if they are temporarily out of stock. This pasta plate I registered for wasn't on there for a bit bc it was out of stock, but then it automatically appeared once it was back in stock.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have a registry with BB&B and with my shower this weekend, I've been stalking it hardcore.  I noticed that everything is marked as fulfilled.  The only time things got wonky were when someone couldn't get exactly what I registered for, so they got something similar.  In that case, both items showed up with one as fulfilled, so I had to remove the other (for example, we registered for a green kitchenaid mixer, they didn't have it, so the person bought a silver one.  The silver was added to the registry as fulfilled, but the green one was still there as unfulfillled).

The only time things have disappeared were when they were out of stock or they don't carry them anymore. This happened a few times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    our BBB registry showed items as fulfilled or unfulfilled. Sometimes that moved where there were listed because they were only available in the store. The things that were removed were taken off my mom or MIL because we gave them the password, so they could removed stuff people may have gotten us the same thing cheaper at another store.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The woman said "Things are removed from your registry once they are purchased  to make viewing easier".  I'm starting to think she had no idea what she was talking about.  I didn't have a chance to get there today b/c I had to come home for an appointment but I'll be sure to stop by there tomorrow on my lunch break.  Thanks girls.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    There is also a filter where you can view "All items", "Items Remaining", or "Items Purchased",  Make sure you are looking at All Items.  Mine also shows bought items as fulfilled so I think your BB&B person was lying to you :)

• edited December 2011
    I agree...someone didn't tell you the truth. Mine marks the purchased items - fulfilled and they are still there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to say she was telling a "lie".  She should have probably directed my question to someone else.   ;)  She didn't sound like she understood my question in the first place.  Could be that I didn't ask it right.  Either way, I will get to the bottom of this.  Now I'm worried that they don't sell my corningware set anymore.  I like the way Macy's does it where they keep the item on there and if it's about to be discontinued, it's written in underneath. 

I will check out that filter too because I didn't know about that. 

Thanks girls.
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went on to check out my registry and what do you know...one item has been purchased and it wasnt the corningware.  But the corningware shows up now.  I'm glad it is like this.  Thanks for your help girls. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards