DC

Running of the Brides @ Filene's Basement-7/30/10

Running of the Brides is next Friday @ Filene's Basement. I plan on going with a group of friends. Anyone have any advice for making this a successful dress shopping experience?

Thanks!

Re: Running of the Brides @ Filene's Basement-7/30/10

• msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on going also, I'm 3 months out and still no dress!! I've heard ppl say to bring a mirror cause there are very few in the store, wear leggings or bike shorts and a tank top cause you have to try your dress on like right there, have a plan for you and your girls, go around 10 which is after the rush, all the dresses are back on the rack and its still a large selection
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I went last year to Mazza Gallerie.  The mirror selection is very limited, so if you are able to bringing a mirror is a good idea.  They have large mirrors mounted to the columns, and I was able to set up by one, but there were 2 other girls in my same area all trying to use the same one.  I just wore a pair of shorts and good coverage bra.  I arrived around 11 and there was still a large selection, and I ended up finding a dress I liked.  I had 3 other people with me.  We set up a location, one girl stayed with the dresses, and 3 of us pulled them until we had a large selection for me to try on.  After round one we just kept looking, and waited for girls to give up dresses they didn't like.  At 11 it was easy enough to wait to get dresses specifically in my size/color; but I hear that if you show up when they open everyone just grabs things so you have to make trades because most of what you grab isn't anything you can use.  The only problem I found at 11 was a lot of dresses actually weren't on the racks, they were spread out all over the entire store, on clothing racks, off hangers, out of the bags, etc., so it's hard to tell what is what unless you take the time to look. 

Good Luck! 
  • ngarza78ngarza78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went last year to the one in Rockville. I took 2 girls with me around 1ish. It was perfect, still tons of ppl but not a million girls. I wore a cami top and spanks shorts and set up by a wall between 2 rows. We also gather a bunch of dresses and the 1 girl helped me get in and out of them, while the other one kept looking. I bought the perfect one there for $264 with tax!! I was still in love with it when I wore it in April!! Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards