DC
Options

Church help!

Hi, ladies.  I'm in a sticky situation in terms of the church for our ceremony.  Neither my fiance or me have attended church in a while, but both of our parents are very religious still.  We're planning on having a church ceremony in (hopefully) Arlington or Alexandria.  My fiance's family is Catholic though.  Mine's not.

Does anyone have recommendations for a church who would allow a Catholic priest to assist in the ceremony and isn't too fee heavy for non members?  I looked at a church recently that while beautiful, is asking for nearly $2000 in fees associated with the wedding.

All recommendations/advice appreciated!

Re: Church help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at St. Charles Borromeo in Arlington (Clarendon).  It is Catholic and I was already a member.  Fr. Creedon did our marriage mass.  The church itself was free.  It's not the most beautiful church in the area, but Fr. Creedon was great.  YOu  might give them a call and see if they'll work with you. 

GL

Erin
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married at Clarendon United Methodist Church.  We were in a bit of the same boat, but I am the Catholic one.  They have been very nice and marry non-members but I'm not sure about incorporating a priest.  You might call and ask, they have been super accomodating and welcoming with everything else!

www.morefaith.org
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards