DC
Options

DC/Montgomery County/Prince George's County Venues

A friend of mine just got engaged this past week.  Unfortunately, I got married last year in North Carolina and so don't know much about the potential vendors in this area.  I am trying to to help her as much as possible on a short timetable (about 7 months). 

Obviously the first step is finding a venue.  Any recommendations for venues for ceremony/reception would be greatly appreciated.  Needs to hold about 100 people and have a dance floor.  She strongly prefers a venue with an inhouse caterer or a prefered caterer that works with the venue on a regular basis. Right now she's leaning toward having the ceremony and all at a hotel for convenience.  She's looking at either Oct. 9 or Nov. 13 and the budget is probably going to be around $100/head. 

Thank you for any and all recommendations in advance!!!

Re: DC/Montgomery County/Prince George's County Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the Prince George Ballroom.  They have a outside area for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception.  They don't have in-house catering however they have a preferred vendors list.  I however chose to go with a caterer not on the list.  Basikneads Catering in Alexandria.  Good luck to your friend and happy planning.
  • Options
    MegOrrMegOrr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The following is a list of Montgomery Co. locations my fiance and I looked at for our wedding. All of them are approx. within the stated budget (our budget was less) and all hold over 100 people :) There's also a lot of hotels in the 270 corridor with ballrooms. I basically did a search at hotels.com and then went to the hotel websites to see what they offered :) Hope this helps!

Crowne Plaza Rockville Hotel
    Positano Ristorante (Italian restaurant in Bethesda with event venue)
    Golden Bull Grand Café
    Manor Country Club
    Norbeck Country Club
    Lakewood Country Club
    The Tradition Golf Club at Montgomery
    Bretton Woods Recreation Center
    Woodmont Country Club
    The Oak Room (no in-house caterer but list of approved caterers provided)
    Argyle Country Club
    Willow Tree Inn

Finally Married!
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she wants to go up 270 there are a few Marriot hotels at the Rio that do weddings.  There is also the doubletree in Rockville, the new Legacy hotel in Rockville, and the Hilton in Rockville-all really nice.
    The sheraton in Columbia also gets great reviews and my coworker had her wedding there and had nothing but great things to say about it.
    We also looked at Mrs. K's Tollhouse in Silver Spring-it was super cute and is geared towards a smaller wedding-but it's not a hotel.
    I've also heard great things about both the Brookside Gardens in Wheaton in the Brookeville Manor in Brookville.
    HTH
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Martin's Caterers are great!  They are all-inclusive and have several locations across PG County and Baltimore.  Their prices were better than most I've seen.  

• Options
    iggles09iggles09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using the Bethesda Hyatt. They have multiple large rooms for events as well as a beautiful ballroom. They are very affordable and willing to go outside of their wedding packages which are all inclusive - food, alcohol, cake, tax, gratuity - for about 130 pp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ladylion00ladylion00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Bretton Woods Recreation Center in Germantown MD.  I hosted my wedding there in June 2011 and we were delighted.  The value for the service and food was unbeatable in the DC area.  Plus, their event coordinator Kevin Kozak is a JOY to work with.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards