DC

DJ Needed - October 2010 Wedding in Northern VA

Looking for a DJ for my October 2010 wedding in Northern VA (near Dulles Airport).  I'm looking for someone who provides an emphasis on music and doesn't have lots of commentary and hype throughout the reception. 

I'd also like to keep prices "reasonable" - not looking to spend $2K for a four hour reception

Would like to get recommendations from folks who've actually used their services or attended a wedding. 

Thanks for your help!!!

Re: DJ Needed - October 2010 Wedding in Northern VA

• chrisswallowchrisswallow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used AtoZ DJ (John howard) for our wedding in July and he was awesome! Lots of music, commentary only when necessary (to announce special dances, etc) and reasonable price. He sat with us for a few hours a few different times to plan everything, but we left a lot in his hands and he really came through. Our dance floor was packed the whole night, right through the last song. I highly recommend him!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Steve/ Goodnote DJ's.    My wedding is in 2 week,we have met with him twice and he seems very professional.   He only does weddings, and has tons of great references.   (found him on wedding wire) 
    his fee is around $1500. 

www.goodnote.com

I will post back with vendor reviews after my wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Sound Decision DJ - he's great! Awesome personality, but you can choose how you want him to be - more involved, not involved at all, etc. He's great! Only $700 for 4 hours!

www.yourdjservice.com

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • jwang517jwang517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using MyDeeJay.com. David Johnson's gonna be our DJ, he's awesome. we met once already and will meet up another time soon. it's 1800 for reception if you pay full at front 3 months in advance... but sometimest hat 3 months in advance isn't as strict...
  • edited December 2011
    I had Bobby G with Bobby G's Disc Jockeys. He is priced under $1k. www.bobbygs discjockeys.com or 703-743-2435
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards