DC

Excellent Photographer

I find that referrals are a great way to find wedding vendors. Cassidy Duhon was recommended to me by one of my teaching colleagues and he and his team exceeded my expectations.   Cassidy has an eye for unique shots, great candid, and "epic" (his word!!) portraits that hold your gaze.    So, his quality of work speaks for itself; but another important quality that he brings to the table is his calm and laid back demeanor (something I found very reassuring leading up to and on my wedding day.)  It's also a very telling sign when bridesmaids and wedding attendants are asking for his card because his personality and creative eye are so apparent.  His cost was very reasonable, and his team made sure to accomplish all the special requests asked for.  Here's his website for more information!  http://www.duhonphotography.com

Re: Excellent Photographer

• LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Cassidy for our wedding too - his work is amazing!!
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • beautifulbizbeautifulbiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you tell me how much he charged and what was included? :)
  • edited December 2011
    i love my photographer Allison Britton is amazing :) She did our eng pics
  • edited December 2011
    I love my photographer, Carmen Wang Photography.  The tips from them are quite useful:

1. Consistency. Make sure that you have seen at least 3 complete weddings from the photographer. Each wedding must have at least 100 high qualityshots. This will REALLY give you an idea of what each photographer cando. Having a few romantic posed shots are totally different from weddingswhich are fast-paced and allow no re-shooting.2. Low light shots. Most reception places and churches are dark. Plus no flash is allowed during ceremony. However, they are the most importantmoments for photographers to catch. Make sure you check low-light photosor night photos; this is always the best indication of the photographer’sexperiences and qualification.3. Pricing. There are basically two pricing models. One is to charge the service of taking the shots, and the other is to charge little for service butcharge a LOT for prints. Also ask the photographer whether you havedigital copies to make personal prints. Always ask for the total price.4. Personality. An easy-going and happy photographer is a big plus for your wedding. You really do not want some bossy photographers tointerrupt you too often for shots. If possible, meet with your photographerin advance and ask some questions. I strongly recommend that you schedulean engagement session before you sign the wedding photography contract.You will know a lot about the photographer.5. Backup. Some studios offer 2 photographers but one may be an assistant who knows little about photography. If you have a big wedding, make sureyou hire 2 experienced photographers to catch every precious moment fromdifferent angle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards