DC
Options

Great Location for a Very Small Wedding!

We had a little private service on 11/11/11 at one of our favorite restaurants and wanted to share the spot with others.  Cedar in DC on E Street (and very close to the courthouse).  We made arrangements with Cedar for reservations for this cozy little private nook that they have tucked in behind the stairs.  There were just four of us, my friend who was preforming the service, his partner and my beloved and I.  The whole nook could seat six and maybe eight.  The restaurant knew what we were upto and they were wonderful!  They didn't seat anyone in the other table in the nook so that we would have privacy.  They attended to our needs, gave us space to share our vows, and surprised us with Champaign cocktails  "on the house."  The food was wonderful throughout...everything!

The warmth of the staff blew us away.  They treated us as if we were old friends. We continue to marvel at their kindness.

The bill for the four of us, including a generous tip, came to $350, allowing us to do a wonderful private wedding for.... yes... under $500! The minister, license and flowers being the other expenses.

We can certainly see this as a great place for a wedding dinner, or lunch, after a wedding at the DC courthouse. It is only a few blocks away.

Re: Great Location for a Very Small Wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards