DC

I'm so lost.... HELP

I thought planning a wedding would be fun and something to call my own... I'm so lost.... I started off wanting something simple but fly but on a budget... Now it seems like things are getting out of control.. no checks have been written but OMG the prices are rising... I need help..
WISH LIST:
somewhere I can have the wedding and reception together...(in DC or Northern VA)
AWESOME flowers
food to die for
a photo booth
a boom phtographer (not too expensive)
CryCry

Re: I'm so lost.... HELP

• razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Think about what is the most important and go from there - create a budget for each area of the wedding: ceremony/reception venue, food, attire, photographry, flowers, entertainment, etc.  Do this before you commit to vendors.  You may have to cut things out based on your budget - or you may find you have extra room left-over for things like a photo booth.
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, use the knot boards to find vendors in your prices!  I find that it has been really helpful if you say "I am looking for a vendor in X price range."  Most of my vendors I have found from other brides recommendations on the knot.
  • misssyahmisssyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks... Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    For flowers, if you're anywhere near Manassas, the Flower Gallery is really great.  They can work with you on any budget and give you suggestions to figure out what will work for a good price.  I originally wanted all roses, but the woman I spoke with told me that that would cost a fortune and suggested ways to include roses while also using less costly flowers. 

For the photo booth, I don't know much, but I have seen a LOT of brides talk about having a DIY photo booth.  I'm sure that that would be a great way to cut costs and make it personal.

Good luck!
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww thanks.. I think I'm going ot check out that florist.. I'm in woodbridge. so thats not too far.. thanks. I was thinking about juat having red and white tulips or red and white dasies...
  • dennisegrcdennisegrc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sssoooooooo in ur same boat =)
    I dont even know where to start and I have no friends or family out here for help !!! Good Luck and the end all turns out well!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks... you too... have you started looking at venues? oh actually are you in the DC area?

Not to be nosey.. just curious

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards