DC

Buy dress online?

Anyone gotten up the nerve to buy a dress they liked in a store, online? If so, where did you take it to get altered? Too risky, or cost-effective?

Re: Buy dress online?

• edited December 2011
    Sure did!  My dress would have been $2000 with alterations if I had bought it at the boutique I found it in.

I thought that was rather high, so I did my research and found that they carried the same authentic gown on Netbride.com.  After all was said and done (with alterations, extra fabric), it came just under $1000.  Netbride is truly amazing!! Just make sure you get your measurements right.  My measurements came in spot-on for a size 4 according to the Impression Bridal's official measurements.  Once I received the dress, it was too tight as a fitted A-line (my fault, not Netbride's). I should have ordered a 6 so that there would be room to alter down. 

But thanks to the wonderful Angie Cavallaro and her amazing seamstress abilities, the dress fits like a glove and no one can see that it was taken out a couple inches in the hips.  (Angie has amazing prices for alterations too, plus she's the sweetest woman in the world).

So, if they carry your dress and style on Netbride, I say go for it. I took the risk, and am so glad I did. You get the real dress for half the price, plus Netbride has great customer service.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pearl's Place has also been recommended as a place with the genuine dresses (not "replicas") at discount prices.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

I actually bought mine online awhile ago as well.  It arrived; fit perfectly!  Gowns tend to run small so don't go by your street size, have a trusted person (a professional, idellay) take your measurements and go by the manufacturer's sizing charts.

My dress retailed for $3,000 and i got it for $1,200.  I bought mine from Dori Anne Veils (already had dress picked out and had them quote me a price)

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards