DC

Addressing Invitations - Cheaper Options than a Calligrapher

A calligrapher isn't in our budget to address envelopes.  Does anyone have recommendations?  We are considering clear labels, but also finding a company to print the envelopes using perhaps a laser printer.  Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Re: Addressing Invitations - Cheaper Options than a Calligrapher

• edited December 2011
    I just hand wrote mine.  I couldn't justify paying someone to print or write on my envelopes when people just threw them in the trash.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m going to be using Paper in the Park for my invitations and to do envelope printing. They are gorgeous
  • edited December 2011
    If you do the clear labels most places like kinkos can do it on laser printer and it comes out clean. I actually addressed my own too. I bought calligraphy pens at michaels and just used a nice handwriting with a little bit of flare at the end.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not budget for a calligrapher either.  However, having just hand-written names and addresses for our Save the Date postcards,  I have decided to go with a calligrapher.  It's worth it to just spend less $$ on shoes, the dress, whatever.

I might change my mind and print names and addresses, if I can find a great font and suitable printer.  I will not use clear labels ... the look and feel would take away from the elegance of our invitation. 

I hope that helps.  Best of luck!
  • fistwekefistweke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I printed my labels at home on my printer. Who's going to keep the envelope, or put it on their fridge? Spend that money on something people won't throw away, or spend it on a really cool excursion for your honeymoon! I put the most focus on what I remembered the most about other people's weddings; food, alcohol, entertainment. I couldn't tell you what kind of table cloths they had unless I looked at pictures. If someone gives you crap about it, screw 'em ;-)
  • VickyFlorVickyFlor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We printed our envelopes.  We used MinuteMan Press in Beltsville and spent about $40 on 87 envelopes with liners.  They came out great and fast.  We had a good experience with them and will probably go back to use them for the menus and programs.
  • edited December 2011
    i typed mine up on clear labels & did myself. :) SO easy & quick! You Download template off avery.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards