DC

Spenders Guilt?

I have found myself in a little bit of a funk and I am hoping I am not alone...

My fiance and I have been planning our wedding for about 5 1/2 months. We got engaged this past Christmas and our Wedding is April 2, 2011 in Washington, DC. We have been smart about how we are paying for our wedding (interest free CC and paying things off month to month) but everytime I see our total, I start to feel guilty... We are both in a good place right now and will have almost everything paid off, we the help of my parents, before the wedding happens. We are not going overboard and made sure to look at our priorities (ie $270 wedding dress vs a lot more on our photographer).

I am afriad the guilt of spending money may overcome my special day... Is this happening to anyone else?!?!

Re: Spenders Guilt?

• rmichalakrmichalak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, you are obviously keeping it safe. Since you are paying everything off every month then there should be no worries...right?
    And like you said...it's YOUR WEDDING so these are your choices.
    Rebecca & Matt...June 26, 2010 My Bio
  • LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get stressed when I see our totals too - but we also plan to have it paid for in total the day of the wedding so we wont have any "wedding debt" afterwards.  I would say mine is more stress than guilt because I think its totally worth it and I'm glad were doing it the way we are - I think with paying it off each month if you have it paid for by the day of - you should be fine that day - you'll be in the moment I'm sure. 
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We just got our wedding budget drafts from our planner yesterday and I nearly hit the roof. We revised the numbers a little bit today but I totally hear where you're coming from!

We're paying for the wedding ourselves as well, with some help from my parents, and our goal is to have most of the wedding paid for by the time we get married. Having the payments spaced out helps a lot, but seeing just the preliminary amounts - and we still have a year to go as well - makes me feel bad for spending that much on just one day...BUT...we've been together for so long and have been through so much together that we feel like we deserve to have the day we dream of. I think that as long as you're being responsible and not spending beyond what you know you are capable of handling, it will all be worth it in the end!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards