DC
Options

Where did you buy your veil?

I still need a veil for my June weddding.  I am looking for a diamond white, single tier with piping.  I have found one at the store I bought my dress but it is more than I wanted to spend.

What local stores have reasonably priced veils?  For those of you who bought on-line, which websites or specific Etsy vendors did you use?

Thanks!

Re: Where did you buy your veil?

• Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Similar to you, I wanted a very simple veil... one tier, ivory, pencil-edge. I ended up buying two... one from eBay, which cost $15 and went immediately to my niece's dress-up box (LOL), and one from I Do I Do, a bridal shop & wedding consignment store in Gaithersburg.

It's WELL worth the drive... in addition to many gorgeous consignment veils, they have samples of veils you can order brand new. I got exactly what I wanted, brand new, for $60. It was perfect.
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually got mine off of the trash to treasure board here on the knot!  It was only $40 and I love it!  It's an ivory fingertip veil with a simple ribbon edge. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good question, dmm98! I am also looking for a veil for my wedding in June. I have been to a few bridal stores and all the veils that I liked were very expensive. I want a very simple and nice veil that is not too expensive. $100 would be my max. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to veilshop.com - i got a single tier with beading for around $65. They will send you a fabric sample for $5 and a $5 coupon toward your purchase.  My dress is diamond white and the diamond white sample matched exactly.
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Trousseau in Vienna, VA.  I paid $75 for my oval elbow length 2 layered pencil edging ivory veil. I also got my foundation garments there too.  They do a great job in sizing you and they also do alterations to the bustiers/bras for free.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the suggestions!  I actually tried on veils at I Do, I Do, last weekend when I picked up my dress there. The one I liked the best of what she had me trying on was much pricier than what the other poster got ($150).  I will try Trousseau and check out the website suggestion as I really wanted to keep this under $100.  Thanks!
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A couple of options:  We got ours from La Bella Bridal in Occoquan.  They will periodically have half price sales on veils.  Both of ours ended up being under $100, and they were much more ornate than what you are talking about.

Second, do you know where you are getting your alterations?  There are a couple of particularly well regarded local independent seamstresses, Estee and Angie.  Either one of them could actually make you a veil as well as doing alterations.  Estee charged me $20 to make a blusher for my veil.  For the whole veil, it would presumably be more than that, but I'm betting it would be under $100.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my veil from BellaBridalVeils on Etsy.  The service was FAST and the price could not be beat.  The veil is exactly what I wanted but would not pay the ridiculous $100+ from a bridal boutique.

I saw this Diamond White veil...not sure if you wanted something this simple....

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43440742
    HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could get it from http://www.occanseydesigns.com/  I'm planning on getting a drop veil from there, it'll run me maybe $40.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OFF-Thanks so much for suggesting Trosseau.I had been there once to check out bustiers but I didn't know they sold veils too. I went there again this weekend and I found a veil that I love.Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Occansey on e-bay and it was well made and very reasonably priced
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards