DC

Ice Blue Wedding Gown?

On a recent businss  trip, I came across a very pale  light ice blue wedding gown.  LOVE at first sight.  Problem is my mom hates the idea.  Any thoughts?

Re: Ice Blue Wedding Gown?

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get the dress you want; it sounds beautiful.  You're paying for it, right?  Mom will get over it, eventually (hopefully sooner than later).
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!   I think once she sees it, she will love it.  I'm not the most traditional bride and this dress appeals that part of me without being too out there.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, she's probably not able to picture you in it right now. Get her to come and see you try it on and she'll probably turn around =) If you can, try on a couple of hideous dresses before showing her the one you want, make it stand out in contrast! lol
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011

I love the way you think muffins! 

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_ice-blue-wedding-gown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:bfedef74-dad7-46fe-b5a2-065a6c6d094dPost:ddf39ac7-9939-4e31-b682-69cf7b3bb8b3">Re: Ice Blue Wedding Gown?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, she's probably not able to picture you in it right now. Get her to come and see you try it on and she'll probably turn around =) If you can, <strong>try on a couple of hideous dresses before showing her the one you want, </strong>make it stand out in contrast! lol
    Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

ROTF LMAO ... that's the <em>funniest</em> thing I've read on here in a while!  LOVE IT!
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, I'm devious... what can I say =D
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Show her the Oscar de la Renta bridal collection.  He always seems to have blue and it looks fantastic!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely say bring her out to look at it, it sounds goregous!!  Get the dress you want :).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds so beautiful and unique. Would be great for a winter wonderland wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards