DC

I think we invited way too many people

I somehow got it into my head that a third would decline.  It's running more like 20%.  I am officially freaking out.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Or are the "yes" folks more likely to respond early?

Re: I think we invited way too many people

• psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For us, the "yes" people responded right away and the ones we didn't hear from until the RSVP deadline were no's. 

• edited December 2011

Don't panic - I just got married last month and we infalted our guest list knowing that some people wouldn't come.  You will find that the first 2 -3 weeks after you send the invites out are when most people who are definites will send in their RSVP.  After that it dwindles down, and finally, you are 2 weeks away from the wedding and you find yourself calling people to see if they are coming.  The ones you have to call - they are more than likely not coming.  Don't stress too much - and trust me, a few of those people who do RSVP won't show up.  It happens every time.

• WE over invited for our wedding and now we have 20 more rsvp's than we expected...What can we do? I am crying everytime I go to the mailbox!!! Please help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards