DC

Need help finding DJ

My fiancée and I are both young and working on a tight budget. Every DJ place we call is at least $700 to $2000.

1) are these the normal prices for a dj?

2) Any suggestions on DJ’s?

Re: Need help finding DJ

• edited December 2011
    YES!  The prices are ridiculous.  We are using Grenier & Sons DJ and it is a father/son team for the price of one.  We are paying $775 for 4 hours at our reception.  They are including dance lighting too for free.  That was the best price I could find.  I looked on their testimonial page and saw an old high school friend's testimony and reached out to her on FB.  She said they did a fantastic job for her.  My wedding is in a month - I can let you know how they do! Good luck!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Those are normal prices :(
    I used Savyentertainment.com and got an amazing DJ. His name is DJ2nv. Everyone complimented me on the awesome party. I think if your food and DJ are great then you spent your money in the right place.
  • bailey1973bailey1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try DJ Dan Goldman at Bialek's music. we are using him for our ceremony/reception
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_need-finding-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:d3462b61-edc7-4dc0-a5c6-382d2ede658dPost:136ab87b-1b91-4b11-90dc-ac6662c53598">Re: Need help finding DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]YES!  The prices are ridiculous.  We are using Grenier & Sons DJ and it is a father/son team for the price of one.  We are paying $775 for 4 hours at our reception.  They are including dance lighting too for free.  That was the best price I could find.  I looked on their testimonial page and saw an old high school friend's testimony and reached out to her on FB.  She said they did a fantastic job for her.  My wedding is in a month - I can let you know how they do! Good luck!
    Posted by BuiBaker[/QUOTE]

I second this!  They did our wedding back in May and they were fantastic to work with.  They were so much fun and we are still getting compliments on how awesome they were!!!  And with the father/son team, they had all age groups covered!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I saw my DJ (World Renown Entertainment) at a wedding, so I got to see them in action. Although my wedding isn't until April. They have been very responsive and are members of a DJ association (ADJA.org)  Go to the website & see if other DJ's you've contacted are there. 
    Check them out:   www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html">www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html
    If you do contact them, please tell them Lucy sent you.

Good Luck.
  • MarcSenseMarcSense member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ prices are actually quite reasonable when you consider the value they provide. Here's a little math based on a 100 person wedding/reception lasting 5 hours:

Food/drink = $7500 / 100 = $75 per person
    Floral/decorations = $2000 / 100 = $25 per person
    DJ = $995 / 100 = $9.95 per person

A wedding is an extra special party that goes well based on the family & friends in attendance and the music. People will remember how fun the reception was, not how the flowers looked. Or if the prime rib was overcooked.

A great DJ can create a timeless experience, while a bad one can absolutely ruin things - so choose wisely.

• razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try DJ David Orlando - he is based out of Baltimore but didn't charge a travel fee to come to DC and was less expensive than most DC based DJ's - plus he did a great job, kept the dance floor moving at the appropriate times and was super easy to work with. 
    http://www.djorlandoentertainment.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards