DC

Need Cheap Jan./Feb. Venue...

pearlaquapearlaqua member
First Anniversary First Comment
Any historical societies? Libraries? Gardens?
Awesome restaurants (so we don't have to rent chairs, etc.)

Any and all ideas welcome!!
Hoping to have wedding for ~125 people.

Re: Need Cheap Jan./Feb. Venue...

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...  Your bio shows you as married back in 2009.  Is this a renewal?

You might want to check out Rockwood Manor in Potomac.  Rates for 8 hours at that time of year range from $2,000 (Saturday) down to $1,200 (Monday through Thursday).  The location is a gorgeous building that used to be the national headquarters of the Girl Scouts.  And while it is not a hotel, there are provisions for guests to stay there if they want.
  • pearlaquapearlaqua member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am helping my dear friend with her wedding :)
    Thanks for the suggestion!
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much is "cheap" to you, but i'm using The Bolger Center in Potomac, MD. at first glance it doesn't look cheap, but it actually is because it includes EVERYTHING... the ceremony, the reception, set up, clean up, all the tables, linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, catering, wine, liquor, cocktail hour, honeymoon suite, etc. we're paying $100 per person and that's IT, but you can actually do it for a little cheaper even, depending on what entrees you choose to serve. there's no room fee or anything, it's just the amount per person. they do have a minimum of $10,500 for the room that would fit the amount of people you're talking about. but it really does include just about everything. and it's GORGEOUS.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Grand Atrium in Vienna, very affordable yet classy as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards