DC

Winter engagement photo ideas??

My brother's a photographer, and he coming to visit for Christmas. He offered to do engagement photos for my fiance and I. I'm trying to get ideas of where to do the shoot, but all the examples I see online are from the summertime. Where is a good spot for a winter engement shoot in/around DC? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Re: Winter engagement photo ideas??

• edited December 2011
    We did ours in dupont circle and around the national mall. I have also heard that union station is pretty neat bc of the architecture. Georgetown would be nice. I dont know a whole lot, i have only lived here for 8 months. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Botanical garden next to the Capitol.

Take advantage of downtown DC if it snows! You could get some great photos
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Arboretum?  Or ... the grounds of the National Cathedral?
  • edited December 2011
    You can use the Basilica of the National Shrine, or Glen Echo in Md. is an amazing spot. We did ours at there. Hope this helps.

M
  • edited December 2011
    You can go on the Key Bridge and take pictures with Georgetown Waterfront in the background.  And I agree with what was said above, take advantage if it snows!!

I heard the Library of Congress has a glass room upstairs somewhere you can take pictures from, but I've never seen it with my own eyes.

Maybe National Harbor too?
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sculpture Garden down on the mall is always a good bet. The fountain will probably be turned off, but it stays green all year long... also if you're quirky like me, my FI and I want to go to some of the museums and get some done with the dinosaurs and spaceships!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of the Sculpture Garden, they turn the fountain into an ice skating rink in the winter. It should be up now, so that could make for a cute photo op.
  • edited December 2011
    we are going to ski resort for winter engagement photosession, i think it is so fun and beautiful there!!u can play in snow and make a snowman and etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards