DC
Options

Gainesville Wedding Help

Hello Ladies,

I used to be on these boards all the time last year and I know you ladies are so helpful.  My friend is looking to get married next September in Gainesville and we need venue  recommendations.  Anything worth looking at, and estimated costs.  Any info would be great.  Thanks Ladies!

Re: Gainesville Wedding Help

• Options
    SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bristow Manor golf Club is our venue.  Annette is awesome to work with.  it is about 10 minutes from Gainesville (if that).  They are really accommodating.  I think their evening wedding slot has a $10,000 minimum but the 11-5 slot minimum is based on the number of guests you are expecting (and they usually guess lower to give you a low minimum price).  They have so many options too.  If you have any questions send me a PM. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heritage Hunt is a beautiful location that can accommodate about 300 people at the club house and 75is at the Marsh Mansion. Both are great. You can call Leah at 703-743-2005

There is also Stonewall Golf Club which has a great outdoor patio overlooking a pond with a fountain. Their Magnolia Room is simply stunning. You can reach Jeanna Hilton at 703-753-6156.

The other place in Gainesville is Virginia Oaks, but I don't know much about it.

In Haymarket, right next to Gainesville, she can look into the Piedmont Club and the Regency at Dominion Valley.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the places listed above are BEAUTIFUL. I do have one note about Piedmont Club in Haymarket, though. My best friend was married there 6/26/10 & I was her Maid of Honor. The Bridal Party was allowed to leave our personal belongings in the Members Only Ladies Locker Room where we got ready. The hairdresser had $50 stolen from her & I had $40 stolen from my wallet which was zipped up in my purse. The coordinator had left already & the man "in charge" said there was nothing he could do. I've been waiting to talk to the coordinator now for a week, we keep playing phone tag. I hope she will resolve it, but it's sad that such a prestigous golf club has thieves among their members/employees.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards