DC
Options

The Thomas Birkby House

Hello All.

I just found this venue/historic house
www.birkbyhouse.com" target="_blank" title=" Birkby House">www.birkbyhouse.com/  just the other day and I am in love with it already. It is located in Northern VA in Loudon County area (Leesburg, VA). Their prices are EXACTLY what I am looking for. The location is perfect for us, guests in the area and anyone coming in from out of town, with a 20 minute drive to the location. It's close to everything we need, easy for us to get there from our home and the gardens and the house is exactly what I wanted for the theme of our wedding.
I have ready almost all positive feedbac (90-95%) on their Facebook account, other online wedding reviewed site from the same people, plenty of pictures, more feedback and they also got back to me with pricing, their 2011 wedding calendar, vendors and their expertise to help organize everything.

Our guest list will be rather small (50-55 people) and we are keeping everything low key, intimate, elegant and we really just want people to have fun, talk, laugh, catch up and for both of us to just finally enjoy everything that we've gone through and look forward to our life together on the big day. This venue is literally what I was looking for.

I would like to know if there is anyone on TheKnot.com that has had any experience with this venue, the owners, Ron and Judy and are there any cons with going with a location such as this?

Re: The Thomas Birkby House

• Options
    C&VTC&VT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we also spoke to them..& went by to visit.
    The proprietor couple are delightful &friendly.
    the place is absolutely gorgeous & the included tent for the outside wedding makes life easy.
    Our #1choice.

However, we decided that with our larger wedding of upto 200 people the cost per person was higher than what we could afford & because it is in a residentitial neighborhood, we must end the party by 9pm & out of there by 10pm.

But a more ideallic place you will never find!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you for your response. This right now is my #1 choice because of the location, the price and we will have a very small wedding party.
    This would cut down on transportation costs for us with family and friends in the area and even still allow access for those coming into town to Dulles, they can fly right in and our home and the venue is no more than 20 minutes from each other from Dulles.

Shutting down by 10pm won't be a problem at all, I think by then we will be exhausted and ready to call it a night.
    We may go for a visit soon and see how the place looks in person.

Thank you again!

• Options
    demiademia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there last year and it was lovely. The 10 pm rule must be new because we were there until 11 pm.

This will definitely give you the intimate feel.  I liked it because there was parking on site. Despite the heat, most people mingled outside and only looked around the house.  With all that said, if your guest list starts to balloon (near 80), this may not be the place for you.  HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards