DC

Wedding Cake

I should be setting out to review local vendors soon and was wondering if anyone had any recommendatons. I'm on a budget and would like to pay between $3 and $4/slice. 

Thanks in Advance! :)
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Cake

• Heidlberg in Arlington comes in a little higher than that I think but they're awesome. A friend suggested Hollin Hall to me also but I havent checked them out. www.hollinhallpastry.com
  • Just Cakes in Bethesda is really good

If you want to save one money though, what we did is we had a smaller display cake (It was beaaautiful but it wouldn't have been enough to give everyone in the room a piece) and then the baker also made us a couple sheet cakes that were kept in the back. So we did our slice out of the display cake, but what was SERVED was mostly sheet cake. It's the same cake, but since they don't have to decorate the sheet cake they don't charge as much for it and you pay less for the smaller display cake and sheet cake combo than for a cake that's decorated and large enough to feed everyone.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Oh What a Cake! in Columbia, MD -- great tasting cakes, custom designed.  We absolutely loved working with Marcia.  I referred another knottie to her -- that couple ended up getting a groom's cake and wedding cake.

www.ohwhatacake.com is the website.  I will warn you, though, photos on the website don't do her work justice.

Good luck!
  • I've heard really good things about Margie at Artistic Cake Creations.  They are based in WV, but they deliver to this area.  And their prices (even including delivery) tend to be lower than those of local bakeries.
  • Sweet Ladies Bakery in Springfield - Great Service and Amazing Taste and Design! I highly recommend them! I think they come a little over your budget but not by much!
  • Try The Unique Bakery in Fairfax, they are off of Braddock road, close to Mason. I had my wedding cake from there, it was in that price rance, and everyone raved about my cake. Goodluck!!
  • We're going with   www.1gateau.com
    Lora Gookin is an amazing baker.  I love her cakes.  I think she can work with you to stay within your budget.  She's out of Warrenton but has no problems delivering to DC (we'll be near Capitol Hill).  Please check her out, I'm serious about how good her cake is!  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Artistic Cake Creations did our cake, and it was fantastic (and less expensive than your budget, too!).  I highyly recommend Margie!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Edibles Incredible.  Their cakes are amazing and if you get a fairly simple design they can fit within your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards