Georgia-Atlanta
Options

I'm I delusional

Could you really get married in Atlanta for $5000-$6000?

Re: I'm I delusional

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Yes! But you have to be realistic about it. What is your vision for the wedding? How many guests are on the guestlist? Are you okay with doing beer and wine, or no alcohol at all? Have you considered getting married on Friday evening or Sunday afternoon? Are you okay with serving heavy appetizers, or doing a cake and punch reception? Have you considered having the wedding at a church, and reception in the church rec room or gym (if they have nothing going on, often they will accept small donations as opposed to having a large rental fee). Have you considered DIY'ing your decor and invitations? Have you considered doing it in the park (either piedmont or centennial), then renting the private dining space of a restaurant for the reception? Do you definitely want to be in the city of Atlanta limits(I definitely do, so it's okay if the answer is yes), if not, the prices will get smaller the farther out you go. Are you willing to go outside the perimeter? 

These are all factors that can help reduce the cost of an Atlanta wedding. But you have to know what your priorities are. If you want a hotel wedding, or a Biltmore Ballrooms wedding, or some kind of wedding at one of those top spots inside the perimeter, the answer is probably no. But you absolutely CAN have a wedding for under $6,000 in Atlanta. You just have to be realistic about what your options are. 
  • Options
    Centennial park thanks for the idea! I'm realistic but my FI isn't!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_im-i-delusional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:0a537e10-9959-41d4-b143-5cd3dff41ff0Post:7667c315-068d-40e5-81a0-4f057f1c8f2d">I'm I delusional</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you really get married in Atlanta for $5000-$6000?
    Posted by Strv2perfection[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, but you have to be realistic with your venue and guest list. 
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    If your FI has grand plans, then you need to price out everything he wants and show him the numbers. That will bring him down to earth
  • Options
    I completely agree. It is all abot what is most important to you. Do you want to spend more on the dress? Cut out the passed hor d'oeuvre on your catering menu. Do you want steller food; pick a cheaper venue.
  • Options
    As I see now its not really possible. It's expensive to get married here. So looks like we're spending more money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards