Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Nice venues that allow outside catering

Do any of you know of any nice venues for a ceremony & reception in or near Atlanta  that allow for outside catering?  I have a family friend who has volunteered to do the catering for my wedding and I'd love to be able to use him instead of an on-site company.

Thanks!

Re: Nice venues that allow outside catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A few that I looked at:
    Roswell River Landing
    Douglasville Cultural Arts Center

I really wish The Knot would add a search feature to the boards, because I know there have been a few good posts about venues a few months ago... I just looked back through and could not find it though :(
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you maybe tried somewhere near Stone Mountain Park!? There is another venue but I forget what it is called...something by the yellow river...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!  I too wish there was a search function, it would make going through threads so much easier!
  • Options
    cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My matron of honor got married at the McGarty House in Hiram/Dallas.  It is a little out of the way but super cheap!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your definition of "nice" haha?  We are getting married at Le Bam Art Gallery in Midtown, and they allow outside catering.  *I* think it's nice but it's rather small and eccentric/artsy.  Just depends on your taste!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa, I really liked La Bam, but they were booked for my (very popular) date of 10/10/10 :( So I am going with the Douglasville Cultural Arts Center... Sunday rental is only $500!!!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Wimbish House (owned by the Atlanta Women's Club) does outside catering... I think its max is around 100.
  • Options
    LEESHY09LEESHY09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Peach Brandy Cottage is Dawsonville (somewhere around there) might allow outside catering. I know they allow you to bring your own alcohol.
  • Options
    rachael19rachael19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Thompson House and Gardens in Bogart in September. They allow you to bring in EVERYTHING. Check it out! :)www.thompsonhouseandgardens.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Trolley Barn, Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, Summerour, The Biltmore Ballrooms, The Fox Theater, Foundry at Puritain Mill, and the Piedmont Park Conservancy.  Those all allow outside catering, but some of them require that your caterer be on their approved vendors list.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Good morning I need help really bad I going crazy I can't find venue that allows outside catering and every place I calling that do is book what should I do  please help ps I'm in Georgia area
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards