Georgia-Atlanta
Options

how to split florist bill

Happy Tuesday ladies!  I tried posting this questionon the "flowers" board but had littel response...I know you won't let me down!My FMIL mentioned that she would pay for the bride bouquet, bouts, and corsages and my mom will, oh course, pay for the rest (alter flowers, etc.) but my question is how can we use the same florist, let both ladies have their own input at seperate times, and neither feel like they are just "writing a check."  Who should have the right to pick the florist?  My mom is very on the ball and she would have the florist picked by tomorrow if I asked her to, but I don't want FMIL to feel unincluded.  Advice???

Re: how to split florist bill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about having your mom do a little legwork and then tell FMIL that your mom has found a place that you really like and ask her input?  Sounds like your mom has a lot more $$ at stake so she really should have the choice.
  • Options
    askmetostayaskmetostay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like all 3 of you need to meet with the florists.  then once all is said and done, you should get an itemized bill, and FMIL can pay for the parts she wants.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you pick the florist.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents are paying for the florist but I am picking the florist and the flowers.  As far as my Mother is concerned, it's my wedding so she is more than happy to just supply the check.  Maybe your mother and the FMIL won't care either.  Maybe they will just go with whatever makes you happy.  If so, perhaps you should just decide on the florist and the flowers.
  • Options
    cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with the "why don't you just pick it" but I found out very quickly when it came to other decisions that both like to have input on pretty much everything and don't want to you hand over a check without some say-so in the decisions which I guess I can understand.  They both have such great ideas for things and I don't want either to get their feelings hurt (which they do) if I go with one mother's idea and not the other's. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards