Georgia-Atlanta
Options

would you go with a vendor who.....

......didn't respond to your emails in any type of timely manner?  my dj, for example:  sometimes i've had to email twice to get a response, and the last time the wait was ten days, still  no response, at that time  i called him and told him we were considering someone else.   he was very apologetic, said he was always on time, etc, and would step up to respond to us in a more timely manner.  i dont think he really understands how to operate in the professional world.  you can't just not respond to people like that.

Re: would you go with a vendor who.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't! If he can't even respond to an email in a timely manner, what makes you think he will do things right on your wedding day? It is a huge red flag, IMO!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not. In fact, I sent an email to my DJ the other day and asked if we could speak at some point before the wedding and he wrote back with a specific date and time (the Monday before the wedding at 6pm) and asked if that worked for me. To me, that was perfect because he wants to talk when it will be fresh in his mind and it gave me the assurance that we'd actually get to speak.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd find someone else.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not.
  • Options
    evareneeevarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to throw in an odd vote. I did. It was my DJ and he works very odd hours so returned calls very late.  He was there on time for my wedding reception though. And did a perfect job. He couldn't have been better and I am still getting compliments.  I think sometimes as a bride we forget that our weddings aren't the most thought about event for other people.  Though if you feel uncomfortable I would move on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I would. I take the same position as evareen; my DJ would take days to return phone calls or respond to emails, but I stayed with him, and I am glad I did. Talk about keeping a party "jumping". He showed up on time for the reception and made my reception a memorable event. But, you have to go with what is comfortable for you.
  • Options
    sduncans09sduncans09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think a few days is ok... but 10 days after me sending two messages is a little excessive wait time, IMO.   i'm still thinking about it.  FI says the same thing as above, entertainment industry, weird hours... i just need to know you are dependable and will be there on time and rock the house.
  • Options
    Almost MrsKAlmost MrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we might have the same DJ.. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards