Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Typical Prices for DOC and Month-Of Coordinators in Atlanta??

Ladies,What is a good price for a DOC and a month-of coordinator in our city?  What are you getting for your services?

Re: Typical Prices for DOC and Month-Of Coordinators in Atlanta??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A DOC does more than just the day of. Make sure to read the description of their services. Most offer X amount of hours for meetings, tastings, etc. I would say the average for this service in our area is around $700. Check on Wedding Wire. Trust me, a day of/month of coordinator is totally worth it!
  • Options
    ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard prices of around $900 in Atlanta, although (if you're daring) I've seen prices around $250-$300 from individuals on craigslist for DOC, so I agree that the average is around $700. For a full-service wedding coordinator, I've heard of around $2500.I think good reviews are the most important thing.  At my brother's wedding, the coordinator charged a lot and was miserable.  She ended up costing them more money than they would have paid for vendors without her and caused lots of serious problems on the wedding day.  Find someone who can solve crises not cause them.
  • Options
    missevansmissevans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can suggest an excellent coordinator who will work with your budget.  His name is Cintron Shiver of CElite Events.  Check him out at http://cintronelite.com/ or Telephone: 770.880.3297 Electronic Mail: Info@cintronelite.com or cintronelite@gmail.comGood Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, The problem that I'm having is figuring out ***what*** is typically provided (in the way of services) for a certain price.  I can't really hire a planner if I don't know what is typically provided (or else, I won't know if I'm getting what I'm supposed to be getting).  So, can anyone tell me 1. a typical price and 2. what comes along with the price?  I'm at a lost here and don't want to be ripped off.  
  • Options
    kamiiekamiie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with 6 planners, before deciding on a planner.  Most day-of/month-of coordinators provided a list of references (ie venues, vendors)  and were willing to provide limited phone and email contact 1-2 months before the wedding.  They did vendor follow ups two weeks before the wedding.  The day of, they were there every step of the way collecting money and paying vendors, etc...  The day/month of planners charged between $850-$2,000"  Full service planning ran from $2,000-$6,000,  which means they are there every step of the way-going to meetings reading contracts, and negotiating...(I got one quote for $1500, but I am skeptical)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    C&P from 3 wonderful planners. This should be the norm: Normal 0 *Also considered as Day Of Coordination-Includes 15 hours of pre-wedding get together's. This can include, but not limited to, dress fittings, vendor meetings, tasting's,  etc. Up to two hours for the rehearsal is included with this package. We will create a wedding day timeline and contact all of your vendors two weeks before the big day. On your wedding day we arrive before your vendors. We will set up any items you have that are not provided by another vendor (candles, programs, table numbers, etc.). We will make sure your timeline flows, and all your vendors are on the same page. We will also make sure that everything is taken care of at the end of the night after your grand exit. We are always available via phone or email to answer questions and give advice.     Our Day-of Coordination package is for the couple who has planned all of the wedding details, but wants to relax and enjoy the big day knowing that everything is taken care of. This package includes: • Hold planning consultations 6 weeks and 3 weeks before your wedding • Create wedding day timeline and personalized itinerary • Attend final walk through with reception facility • Confirm all vendors 2 weeks before the wedding and serve as contact person moving forward • Conduct wedding rehearsal and ceremony, if appropriate • Assist in set up, decoration, and break down of ceremony and reception • Field and resolve all vendor questions on the wedding day • Coordinate the transport of gifts and personal items • Stay at reception until the last guest leaves • Provide unlimited support via phone and email beginning 6 weeks before your wedding     Some of the things we provide: ·          Continuous contact to ensure your wedding planning is “on track” and support and availability for your concerns or questions ·          Wrap-up meeting 2 weeks prior to finalize all the details ·          Preparation of a detailed timeline for the day-of ·          Contacting vendors the week before to confirm arrival times ·          Set-up suggestions and assistance ·          Organize wedding party for processional (if needed) ·          Usher instruction (if needed) ·          Greeting guest and direction ·          No time limit on your wedding day ·          On-site wedding emergency kit ·          Reception monitoring to ensure a smooth, even flow ·          Cue all reception events working as a team with your selected vendors ·          Assist with on-site photography sessions ·          Supervise set-up and distribute programs, favors, place cards, etc… ·          Packing some food for the bride and groom to eat once the reception is over and they are back in the hotel room (if available)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's quite a bit!  That's great.  Thanks Ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards