Georgia-Atlanta
Options

marriage license (panic!)

We completely left getting our marriage license until the last minute...mainly because I read that we needed to get it within 30 days of our wedding (which I now know is not true) and because we both haven't been able to take a day off and do it...so now we're barely 2 weeks away from the wedding and going to get it...will they just hand it back to us or do they have to approve it/mail it?  I'm worried we won't have it back in time if they do that!  What happens then - we can't cancel everything!  Yikes, what I have I done?! 

Re: marriage license (panic!)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I got mine in Cobb and they hand it to you on the spot so no worries

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours the Thursday before our wedding in Fulton. The entire process took 10 minutes and they handed it right to us.
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People confuse the license with the certificate, and use the terms interchangeably.  You'll get your license when you go an apply in the state and county (or town, if you're in New England) that you'll be married in.  Your officiant completes it, and then he or she sends it in for recording.  A few weeks or months later, you can then pick up a copy of the certificate.  In some places, they mail it to you. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got it this morning...it's all good and official now.  And now I can panic about other stuff that has to be done in the next 11 days!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards